Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Timey Wimey

So, last month I took my glasses in to get new lenses.  My eyes havent changed much, but my glasses were all scratched up.  I am rough on my glasses.  I toss them in my purse, pocket, center console of the car, where ever.  I have a case for my glasses.  Right now it's holding a bunch of seed beads from a kit I am in the middle of.  That doesn't do much to help keep my glasses from getting scratched. :( 
TARDIS glass case
So with these new glasses I want to be a little more careful and actually use a case for them.  My husband gave me one of his old cases and it happened to be TARDIS blue.  How could I resist??  I am not an artist by any means.  I have a hard time with stick people.  So I printed a picture of the TARDIS on the back of some clear contact paper and then cut out the windows and stuff.  I then painted in the cut out parts to make it look like the TARDIS.  It's not perfect, but I love it!  I love putting my glasses in the TARDIS every day. I have had my new glasses for 2 weeks and not a scratch on them!   Which is about a week longer than it too me to scratch my last pair!


I think I am going to try my hand at making some crafting goals for the month of April.  I have a few projects I want to finish, but keep putting off for no real reason.  Maybe if I put them here, I'll actually make a point of getting them done.  So, here we go!

APRIL GOALS

  1. Work on Growth Rings.  (any amount so I can show it off at the end of April on the Ink Circle Stitchers Blog
  2. Frame Serenity Prayer.  (Note to self: stop being a chicken and just do it!  The Sugar Skull was easy!)
  3. Make the reusable veggie bags for my mom and extras for me.
  4. Make the reversible dice bag for Brad (since the sewing machine will already be out for the other bags)
  5. Start working on the "Feet by the Fire" hoop.  (Note to self: dont be scared of embroidery. It cant hurt any more than x-stitching does!)
  6. Something quick and easy so you'll have a finish on your hands. Anything at all.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to you completing number 3 :)
    BTW, love your blog....and no, I am not prejudice.

    ReplyDelete