So, last month I took my glasses in to get new lenses. My eyes havent changed much, but my glasses were all scratched up. I am rough on my glasses. I toss them in my purse, pocket, center console of the car, where ever. I have a case for my glasses. Right now it's holding a bunch of seed beads from a kit I am in the middle of. That doesn't do much to help keep my glasses from getting scratched. :(
|TARDIS glass case|
So with these new glasses I want to be a little more careful and actually use a case for them. My husband gave me one of his old cases and it happened to be TARDIS blue. How could I resist?? I am not an artist by any means. I have a hard time with stick people. So I printed a picture of the TARDIS on the back of some clear contact paper and then cut out the windows and stuff. I then painted in the cut out parts to make it look like the TARDIS. It's not perfect, but I love it! I love putting my glasses in the TARDIS every day. I have had my new glasses for 2 weeks and not a scratch on them! Which is about a week longer than it too me to scratch my last pair!
I think I am going to try my hand at making some crafting goals for the month of April. I have a few projects I want to finish, but keep putting off for no real reason. Maybe if I put them here, I'll actually make a point of getting them done. So, here we go!
- Work on Growth Rings. (any amount so I can show it off at the end of April on the Ink Circle Stitchers Blog
- Frame Serenity Prayer. (Note to self: stop being a chicken and just do it! The Sugar Skull was easy!)
- Make the reusable veggie bags for my mom and extras for me.
- Make the reversible dice bag for Brad (since the sewing machine will already be out for the other bags)
- Start working on the "Feet by the Fire" hoop. (Note to self: dont be scared of embroidery. It cant hurt any more than x-stitching does!)
- Something quick and easy so you'll have a finish on your hands. Anything at all.