Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

I'm Still Skull-king around


Haha! Get it?? SKULL-king around??  Yeah, I make myself laugh.  And sometimes others join me!

Yeah, it's been a while.  I know I'd have more readers if I actually posted more than once a month...but whatever.  Having my last post put up on Stitching the Night Away's FB page got a lot of visitors here last week!  Thanks again Loretta!  Got a couple more from when Lit and Laundry put it on her Pinterest board.  I cant begin to tell you how weird it is to see something you did pop up in places you don't expect!  I think I must have blushed ten shades of red!  It was exciting though. :)


This month was devoted to doing some stitching for my oldest daughter's 30th birthday.  She collects sugar skulls, so I found a good design on Bombastitch's Etsy store.  This is Sugar Skull (version 1).  I did change out the colors so they would match my daughter's bedroom though.

I ended up framing it myself.  I just don't have the funds to send it out right now.  I dont think it came out half bad.  I found the frame at one of Joann's 50% of frames sales.

My daughter also loves pink, flowery, girly things.  So I found this cute little skull from Cross me not.  It was quick and easy.  Then I just took apart a silk flower, wrapped the stitching around the middle and glued it in place, put the flower back together and voila!  Pretty cute, huh!?!

Other than these two things, I started working on Ink Circles Growth Rings.  I have had design since it was published in one of the stitching magazines, which has since been tossed with only the Growth Rings design torn out.  I bought floss and fabric for it pretty soon after I got the chart.  If you want to see the progress on it, you can go see it over at the Ink Circles Stitchers blog.

If you dont see me until the end of April, I will be making a reversible dice bag for my husband, some reusable veggie bags for me and my mom, hopefully framing the Serenity Prayer, and maybe even finishing off "No, Gorn, No.  That's where I sit." into a seat cover for my husband's computer desk.  I have a few other little things I'd like to do as well, but I have to finish my library book, work Easter week, and other family obligations...darn this family for wanted to eat, clean clothes and have a semi-clean house!

No comments:

Post a Comment